Man booked in battery of disabled patient
Almost four years after the alleged incident, East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies on Saturday arrested a Baton Rouge man accused of punching a mentally disabled person in the face.
Deputies say Jeffery Walker, 48, arrived at a group home on Magellan Drive on Dec. 21, 2010, because his wife worked there, even though the home’s property manager had told him earlier that he was not allowed on the property, the arrest warrant says.
Walker came in through a back door. When the home’s supervisor told him she was calling 911, Walker started to run out of the residence and punched one of the home’s patients in the face as he ran out, the warrant says.
It was unclear Sunday why there was a delay between the time of the incident and Walker’s arrest.
Walker, 1235 Windsor Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of entry or remaining after being forbidden and simple battery of the infirm.
Diesel tanker overturns, leaks fuel in parking lot
A tanker trailer filled with diesel overturned in a parking lot Sunday morning, leaking an unknown amount of fuel onto a parking lot at the corner of Bluebonnet Boulevard and Burbank Drive, St. George Fire Department said.
The diesel did not catch fire, and it is not clear what caused the tanker to overturn about 9 a.m. Sunday — but a hazardous materials unit was called when fuel leaked from one of the truck’s compartments, Eldon Ledoux, a St. George Fire Department spokesman, said in a release.
Two tow trucks righted the trailer and authorities left about 3 p.m., Ledoux said.
Authorities arrest 13 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Antonio Baltazar, 24, 12440 Robbie Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, driver’s license not in possession and reckless operation.
- Leigh Boudreaux, 21, 10813 N. Oak Hills Parkway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Fredy Bravo, 21, 11055 Donvall Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, driver’s license required and insurance required.
- Susan Cantrell, 43, 2800 July St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Dianne Evans, 65, 1915 E. Belle Helene St., Gonzales, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Priscilla Garcia, 20, 41445 Stonebrook Ave., Gonzales, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Taylor Hunter, 23, 3650 Christina Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Marvin McGraw 26, 1616 Applewood Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Tony Nguyen, 22, 18321 Manchac Place, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Steven Sanders, 34, 15654 Riverdale Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a police officer, reckless operation and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Ryan Strong, 31, 17762 Macon Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and private road violation.
- Jarvis Wells, 18, 110 Alida Street, Hammond, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Alberto Zepeda, 32, 917 Myrtle Street, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, failure to yield and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.