No one was injured early Saturday when an electrical malfunction in the circuit breakers sparked a fire in the attic of the home at 744 Florence St.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at 3:01 a.m., four minutes after receiving the call, and found the attic on fire, department spokesman Curt Monte said in a news release.

Firefighters kept the fire contained to the attic and reported the fire extinguished at 3:27 a.m., he said.

The rest of the home received smoke and water damage, Monte said.

The resident told firefighters he noticed issues with the breakers all day and planned to call an electrician Saturday, he said.