An Arkansas man was arrested Thursday and booked on one count of aggravated sexual assault of a 10-year-old Baton Rouge girl 16 years ago, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Darrell W. Palmour, 41, Plant Church Road, Clinton, Ark., was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison by the Sheriff’s Office.
The victim told detectives she was sexually assaulted numerous times when she was 10 by Palmour at a home on Hooper Road in Baton Rouge, the affidavit says.
Two men arrested in burglary cases
Officers arrested two men Thursday accused in several burglaries in the past two weeks in the South Sherwood Forest Boulevard area, including the theft of a laptop from a police unit, Baton Rouge Police said in a news release.
The two men arrested were Maurice B. Randall 20, 11888 Longridge Ave., and Carey Laniel Martin 19, 12074 Newcastle Ave., Baton Rouge Police spokesman Sgt. Donald Stone said in the release.
The two men burglarized cars, homes and businesses in the area, Stone said.
Two of the burglarized cars were police units, Stone said. A laptop was stolen from one of those units.
Police searched the homes of both Randall and Martin and found the laptop, Stone said. He did not say in which house the laptop was found.
Randall was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on eight counts of vehicle burglary and one count of business burglary, Stone said.
Martin was booked into Parish Prison on eight counts of vehicle burglary, one count of business burglary and one count of residential burglary, Stone said.
13 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Donald Bryson, 24, 2203 Paul Millaro, Boutte, second-offense DWI and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Rhet Concienne, 23, 211 Eureka Drive, Gray, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
• William Edwards, 49, 307 Sandra Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
• Rita Ester, 34, 7651 Bles Ave., first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
• Clayton Fontenot, 43, 1325 Louray Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Hillary Geoffroy, 18, 37286 Lakeshore Ave., Prairieville, first-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense, failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign and improper lane usage.
• Oscar Gonzalez, 29, 9934 Hawthorne Drive, third-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to maintain control, possession of alcohol in a vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Valerie Green, 38, 4261 Blount Road, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
• Cherish Kippers, 33, 15665 Brian Chad Ave., Zachary, first-offense DWI, stopping a vehicle in the roadway, disturbing the peace and open container violation.
• Luke Lewis, 20, 11308 Highland Road, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and turns not allowed.
• David Richardson, 20, 1600 E. Georgia Ave., Ruston, first-offense DWI, seat belt violation, reckless operation of a vehicle and open container in a vehicle.
• Steven Smith, 30, 6227 Westridge Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and parking where prohibited.
• Dawn Willie, 20, 30820 Walker North Road, Walker, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.