Man booked in seventh DWI arrest Sunday
A Prairieville man was booked Sunday in a seventh DWI arrest, though East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies could find only one conviction, according to court documents.
Early Sunday, a deputy noticed that Fredrick Warner, 37, had lost consciousness in his sedan, which was still in gear but had come to a stop against a curb headed in the wrong direction of a turn lane on Greenwell Springs Road near Joor Road, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
Warner didn’t have a driver’s license or proof of insurance with him but he did have an open bottle of Courvoisier lying in a bag on the passenger seat, deputies wrote in the affidavit.
Warner, of 36342 Crestway Ave., Prairieville, was booked into Parish Prison for seventh-offense driving while intoxicated, careless operation of a vehicle and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
Teen arrested in rape of 12-year-old girl
An 18-year-old man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl in an abandoned home on Enterprise Street has been arrested.
The incident occurred May 25 at about 8 p.m. after the victim followed Jervernete “Chocolate” George, 18, from the corner of Enterprise Street to the abandoned home where he allegedly raped the girl, the arrest warrant says.
The girl told her mother about the incident the next day, the warrant says.
George, 5714 St. Gerard Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of aggravated rape.
Nine booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Steven Everhardt, 48, 5013 Pine Hill Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, resisting an officer, reckless operation of vehicle and disarming of a peace officer.
- Latoya Hall, 32, 5450 Groom Road, Baker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and driver’s license required.
- James Head, 26, 7615 Magnolia Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI.
- Aletha Maxie, 30, 3103 Singletary Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Robert McCracken, 25, 2618 July St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Brent Scott, 57, 6334 Ritterman Ave., fourth-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, driver’s license suspended or revoked, careless operation of vehicle and failure to maintain control.
- Donnie Thomas, 50, 2776 77th Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, reckless operation and other laws of the road.
- Ian Thomas, 23, 13620 Joseph St., Walker, first-offense DWI, one-way street violation, hit-and-run and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Fredrick Warner, 37, 36342 Crestway Ave., Prairieville, seventh-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in vehicle, failure to maintain control and careless operation of vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.