A fire in a storage room at a downtown business early Saturday forced firefighters to evacuate about 100 patrons from a bar next door, a press release says.

There were no injuries, Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said in the release.

Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at MAPP Construction, 344 Third St., about 1:20 Saturday morning, Monte’s release says.

The M Bar, 350 Third St., is next door to MAPP, and was full of people when firefighters arrived, the release says.

After firefighters evacuated both buildings, they entered a common hallway in the back of the two companies. There they found and doused a fire in a storage room, the release says.

The fire did not spread beyond the storage room. However, both businesses received some smoke and water damage, the release says.

The fire caused about $30,000 in damage. Firefighters do not know what sparked the blaze, but “foul play” is not suspected, the release says. An investigation is under way.