East Baton Rouge Parish deputies arrested a 13-year-old boy Saturday accused of shooting at friends during a drug deal in a grocery store parking lot on Bluebonnet Boulevard, a Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman said.
The boy, whose name was not released because of his age, made a deal to buy marijuana from friends in the Albertson’s parking lot, 9990 Bluebonnet Blvd., Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said.
The boy grabbed the marijuana from his friends, then pulled out a gun and fired one shot at them as they tried to drive away, Hicks said.
No one was injured, Hicks said. The boy then fled the scene in a car with some of his friends, Hicks said.
Deputies stopped that car and seized the handgun and marijuana, Hicks said.
The boy was booked into the Juvenile Detention Center on two counts of attempted second-degree murder and one count each of possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance.
No one else was booked in the incident, Hicks said.
Authorities book 9 on DWI suspicion
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Jason Beard, 24, 2438 Bayou Plaquemine Road, Rayne, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Quintin Brown, 27, 3619 Nobel St., Zachary, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and suspended/revoked driver’s license.
• Lawrence Crocram, 54, 9850 Rosebank Ave., first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Alixzandra Evans, 19, 1985 Cloverdale Ave., first-offense DWI, equipment violation, stop sign or yield sign violation, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license required or expired.
• Jonathan Long, 27, 12537 Park Range, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Matthew Mitchell, 23, 11335 Park Lane, Walker, first-offense DWI and speeding.
• Michael Plauche, 33, 2360 Tulip St., first-offense DWI, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Brennan Ritchie, 23, 1975 St. Croix St., second-offense DWI and registration on motor vehicle expired or required.
• Kayci Venable, 21, 3315 Whitelane Drive, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle insurance required or expired, improper lane usage and texting while driving.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.