A trailer on Victoria Drive is a total loss after a pot on the stove caused a fire Monday morning, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman said.

Baton Rouge firefighters responded to a call in the 3500 block of Victoria Drive around 11:40 a.m., BRFD spokesman Mark Miles said in a news release. Firefighters brought the fire under control, but the trailer was a total loss.

The fire was caused by a pot on the stove, Miles said.

One person was living in the trailer, but they were not present at the time of the fire, Miles said.