Firefighters battled three separate residential blazes Monday morning during a roughly two-hour period, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department news releases.

The first fire, called in at 12:28 a.m., was caused by an unattended pot on a stove, the release says.

That fire, at an apartment at 1221 Bob Pettit Blvd., led to the evacuation of residents from 30 apartments in the complex, the release says.

Six of the upstairs apartments were damaged by fire and six apartments below the location of the fire were damaged by water, the release says.

A resident of apartment No. 234, where the fire started, was taken to a local hospital for treatment, the release says.

The second fire, called in at 2 a.m. at 10249 Avenue H, was reportedly caused by an electrical malfunction, the release says.

When firefighters arrived, the living room of the home was on fire.

The fire destroyed that room and the attic above, the release says.

Two residents escaped from the burning home with minor injuries, the release says.

The cause of the third fire, reported at 2:38 a.m. at 10444 Darryl Drive, is still under

investigation, the release says.

When firefighters arrived, they found fire shooting out of the front window of the home, the release says.

The fire started in the front bedroom, the release says.

The owner of the home was not there at the time, but arrived after the fire was extinguished, the release says.

Foul play is not suspected in that fire, the release says.