2 arrested in incident at apartment complex
Baton Rouge police made two arrests in the death of a man who was shot Thursday afternoon in the parking lot of an Airline Highway apartment complex and died later at a hospital.
Police arrested Jordan Winding, 20, 6040 Lanier Drive, Baton Rouge, and Jesse Schiele, 27, 24045 Plank Road, Zachary, in Thursday’s shooting of 22-year-old Andrew Johnson, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesman.
Neither Winding nor Schiele are accused of murder.
Johnson, 13787 Blairstown Drive, Baker, died at a hospital early Friday. He’d been shot Thursday about 3:30 p.m. at the Warren House apartments near the intersection of Airline Highway and Greenwell Springs Road, police have said.
Johnson might have been an aggressor in the incident, McKneely said Saturday in a news release.
Police arrested Winding late Thursday on a count of felon in possession of a firearm. Schiele was arrested Friday evening on counts of felon in possession of a firearm, possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana and a firearm.
Man accused of arranging May 1 killing
Baton Rouge police arrested a man Friday and accused him of arranging the May 1 killing of Elbert Marshall in a parking lot on La Annie Drive.
Steaphon Harris, 24, 1387 Harco Drive, Baton Rouge was booked into Parish Prison on a count of principal to second-degree murder.
Marshall, 29, 1737 La Annie Drive, was shot just after 2 a.m. while walking to his vehicle in the parking lot, police have said. He was transported to a hospital where he later died. According to an arrest warrant, Harris told several people prior to the shooting and said he was going to set Marshall up.
He even gave one man directions as to where Marshall would be and a description of Marshall’s vehicle, the warrant says.
Authorities book 13 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Royce Alexander, 61, 1673 McHugh Road, Baker, first-offense DWI, equipment violation and reckless operation.
- Sandra Boyett, 22, 2855 10 Mile Road, Pace, Florida, first-offense DWI, turns not allowed and reckless operation.
- Clovis Dunn, 30, 4447 Adams Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, driver’s license not in possession and reckless operation.
- Sean Falgout, 24, 332 Monarch Drive, Houma, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, improper turn and improper lane usage.
- Andrew Harris, 29, 5424 Moorstone Drive, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, driving with a suspended license, speeding and improper lane usage.
- Blake Kennedy, 18, 5862 Laurel Hill Lane, St. Francisville, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Corey Kleinpeter, 29, 4302 Noble Cane Drive, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, driver’s license required, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Thomas Lee, 25, 4909 Janice Ave., Kenner, first-offense DWI, turns not allowed and reckless operation.
- Andre Mingo, 19, 17002 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, hit-and-run and possession of marijuana.
- Jacob Peters, 19, 69117 Benny Crawford Road, Pearl River, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and failure to yield at a left turn.
- Kevin Roussel, 60, 2525 Calion Road, El Dorado, Arkansas, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Ellisa Waterman, 23, 14 Mary St., Madisonville, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, disobeying a red light, license plate required and reckless operation.
- Colin Wilson, 41, 14836 Vinewood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter, call (225) 388-0369.