Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Charles Berry, 60, 13256 David Lee Drive, Walker, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended and insurance required.
- Taylor Bordelon, 20, 14019 Riverlake Drive, Covington, underage DWI, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Nicholas Fetty, 22, 32801 Twain Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- William Finley, 50, 9251 Battle Road, Ethel, first-offense DWI, possession of schedule-II drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Darbie Fletcher, 18, 1124 Havenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, underage DWI and speeding.
- Francisco Garcia, 38, 2575 Gardere Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, operating a vehicle with a suspended driver’s license, hit & run, insurance required and failure to register vehicle.
- Michael Lowery, 26, 10222 The Grove Boulevard, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Melissa McChesney, 26, 13730 Ridgecrest Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, hit & run, driver’s license not on person and resisting an officer.
- Shellie Newcomer, 46, 6833 Morganford Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, fourth-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, possession of an alcoholic beverage in vehicle, improper lane use and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Carmisha Payton, 18, 14100 Bert Allen Road, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, identity theft, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper lane use, driver’s license suspended or revoked and no driver’s license on person.
- William Westervelt, 20, 79213 Albert Thompson Road, Folsom, first-offense DWI, driving left of center, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.