Six finalists have been named in the search for Southern University’s dual president and chancellor role.
A search committee met this week and narrowed the pool of applicants. The committee, which aims to have a new leader named by July 1, is expected to interview the six on May 28.
“After the search committee interviews the six applicants, we hope to select three finalists to submit to the SU Board of Supervisors,” search committee chairman Albert Sam said.
Here are the finalists:
- Southern University Shreveport Chancellor Ray Belton.
- Chicago Family Health Center President and CEO Barrett Hatches.
- Former Tuskegee University President Gilbert Rochon.
- White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities Deputy Director Ivory Toldson.
- Southern University New Orleans Chancellor Victor Ukpolo.
- Former Savannah State University President Earl Yarbrough Sr.
Southern University President Ron Mason earlier this week was named the new leader of the University of the District of Columbia.