SHREVEPORT -- Southern University System leaders on Friday gave an overview of the rest of their anticipated timeline for hiring a new president and chancellor for the public historically black college system.
“It’s a real tight schedule but it’s a good uniform one,” Board chairman Leon Tarver said on Friday.
Here’s a quick look at the tentative dates for finding a new leader. (Note these dates are tentative and subject to change)
- Applications are being accepted through May 6.
- Search committee meets to begin reviewing applications and narrow list.
- Telephone interviews with an undetermined number of candidates will take place around May 28. That list will then be narrowed to three top candidates.
- On June 11, the top three candidates will be on campus for meetings with leaders, students. A reception may be held that night.
- The board will interview the top three candidates and vote on a new leader during its June 12 meeting.
Tarver said that the June 12 date was set so that the board could hold subsequent meetings if its unable to select a leader from the top three on June 12.