C-SPAN is bringing its bus tour of all 50 state capitals to Baton Rouge next week.
The network's customized 45-foot motor coach will be in town Tuesday and Wednesday, with events scheduled at the State Capitol, Lee High School, Boardmoor High and Tara High.
C-SPAN is using the 14-month tour to gather video responses for its "Voices form the States" program.
Secretary of State Tom Schedler will also be interviewed live from the bus for C-SPAN's Washington Journal program at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
Visitors will be able to tour the bus at the State Capitol 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Other scheduled stops include Noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Lee High School, 9-11 a.m. Wednesday at Broadmoor and noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Tara High School.
Among other features, the bus has:
- Access to an exclusive interactive content on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and political and educational resources.
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers.
- A high-def TV production studio for taped and live programming.
- A 360-degree video station with unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks.
- A D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their bus experiences through social media.