Today in The Rundown: Edwards’ budget plan unveiled; Equal pay bill heads to the House; ‘Pastor Protection’ bill advances after scrutiny; and more.
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session ends: 54
Budget crunch: Gov. John Bel Edwards unveiled his latest budget recommendation on Tuesday, cutting $750 million from the spending plan that begins July 1. http://bit.ly/1qmjhwH
Equal Pay: An amended version of the bill to bridge the gender wage gap in Louisiana made it out of the Senate but faces an uncertain future in the House. http://bit.ly/1VnnoX1
LGBT: The proposed ‘Pastor Protection’ bill made it out of a House committee. http://bit.ly/1SxX0CK
Monuments: Supporters of keepingi the New Orleans Confederate monuments made their case Tuesday ahead of a key House vote later this week. http://bit.ly/22sYHHl
Juvenile Justice: An effort to increase the age a juvenile can be prosecuted as an adult was advanced by a Louisiana Senate committee Tuesday. http://bit.ly/1YsBB2r
Safety: Motorcyclists could opt not to wear helmets under a proposed measure at the Capitol. http://bit.ly/1VSVdh4
Eco Devo: Monsanto Co. has announced a $975 million expansion at its Luling plant that is expected to add about 100 full-time employees and 20 contractors to the site. http://bit.ly/20A14IU
Today at the Capitol
House and Senate convene at 2 p.m.
- Education meets at 9 a.m. in Room 1.
- House and Governmental Affairs meets at 9 a.m. in Room 2.
- Administration of Criminal Justice meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 6.
- Natural Resources and Environment meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 4.
- Health and Welfare meets at 10 a.m. in Room 5.
- Insurance meets at 10 a.m. in Room 3.
- Appropriations meets at Upon Adjournment Room 5.
- Health and Welfare meets at 9 a.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
- Commerce, Consumer Protection and International Affairs meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room E.
- Insurance meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room A-B.
- Senate and Governmental Affairs meets at 10 a.m. in Room F.