Today in The Rundown: TOPS changes head to the Governor; Edwards pushes Medicaid expansion and budget solutions; the bill that would increase the minimum wage in Louisiana is stuck in negotiations; and more.
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session ends: 34
TOPS: A bill aimed at reining in the cost of TOPS is on its way to Gov. John Bel Edwards, who is expected to sign it. http://bit.ly/1QPtibo
JBE: Gov. Edwards had two appearances on Baton Rouge — one touting Medicaid expansion and another to talk about tax options. http://bit.ly/1W59Srq
Minimum wage: A push by Gov. Edwards to boost Louisiana’s minimum wage remains stalled in the Senate as the Democratic governor continues to try to win support for the bill.http://bit.ly/1pXvyYb
Juvenile justice: The Louisiana Senate has overwhelmingly approved the “Raise the Age” bill that seeks to increase the age for which a juvenile can be tried as an adult. http://bit.ly/1W3sRCe
Bobby Jindal: The former governor was a guest of The Washington Times at the White House Correspondents Dinner over the weekend. http://bit.ly/23kGzQc
Law enforcement: A proposal to allow criminal investigators with a court order to unlock homicide victims’ cellphones has gotten stuck in a House committee, after lawmakers split on the idea. http://bit.ly/1SI42cu
See all of our coverage of the Louisiana Legislature: http://bit.ly/AdvLALege
Today at the Capitol
House and Senate convene at 2 p.m.
- Education meets at 9 a.m. in Room 1.
- Health and Welfare meets at 9 a.m. in Room 5.
- Administration of Criminal Justice meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 6.
- Insurance meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 3.
- Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture, and Rural Development meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room C.
- Judiciary A meets at 9:30 a.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
- Judiciary B meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room E.
- Judiciary C meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room F.
- 9 a.m. Louisiana Nursing Home Association Conference at Baton Rouge Crowne Plaza (closed to press).
- 3 p.m. Northern Exposure Legislative Forum at Capitol Park Museum.