Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at LSU’s main commencement ceremony on May 12.
The main ceremony, which is held for all graduates, will take place at 8 a.m. in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, following a 7:45 a.m. academic procession. Doctoral candidates will receive their diplomas individually during that ceremony. The event is open to the public.
“Gov. Edwards has a long history of service to Louisiana, and we look forward to hearing the message he delivers to our graduates as they embark on the next stage of their lives," LSU President F. King Alexander said in a news release.
Individual diploma ceremonies divided by colleges will also take place on May 12 at designated locations on campus. During those ceremonies, diplomas will be handed out to graduates individually. (See below)
- College of Engineering, Maravich Assembly Center
- College of Agriculture, Maddox Fieldhouse
- College of Music and Dramatic Arts, LSU Student Union Theater
- School of the Coast and Environment, Dalton Woods Auditorium, Energy, Coast & Environment Building
- School of Veterinary Medicine, Room 1212-C at School of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Art and Design, LSU Student Union Theater
- College of Human Sciences and Education, Maravich Assembly Center
- Manship School of Mass Communication, Maddox Fieldhouse
- College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Maravich Assembly Center
- College of Science, Maddox Fieldhouse
- E. J. Ourso College of Business, Maravich Assembly Center