Today in The Rundown: Gov. Edwards launches monthly radio show; 16 hens take to the Governor’s Mansion; Corporate tax rebates continue to outpace collections; and more.
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session ends: 47
Edwards: Gov. John Bel Edwards marked his 100th day on the job by launching a monthly call-in radio show. http://bit.ly/1Qkt0c3
Taxes: For the first three months of the year, corporate tax rebates outpaced collections. http://bit.ly/23IZzxi
TOPS: State senators supported another effort to change the Taylor Opportunity Program for Students. http://bit.ly/22MoRoF
JBE: Gov. Edwards has installed a chicken goop on the lawn of the Governor’s Mansion. http://bit.ly/1YFT2wD
Military: State senators honored fallen soldiers on Tuesday. http://bit.ly/1MGXQ41
Medical marijuana: An effort to expand the availability of medical marijuana failed the state Senate by one vote on Tuesday. http://bit.ly/1XHKF3p
Religious freedom: The House is sending the “Pastor Protection” bill to the Senate. http://bit.ly/20VEcUp
Obamacare: UnitedHealth is pulling out of “Obamacare” health coverage in Louisiana next year, forcing about 29,000 people to find a new insurance provider. http://bit.ly/1XHKPb7
See all of our coverage of the Louisiana Legislature:http://bit.ly/AdvLALege
Today at the Capitol
House and Senate both convene at 2 p.m.
- Education meets at 9 a.m. in Room 1.
- Health and Welfare meets at 9 a.m. in Room 5.
- House and Governmental Affairs meets at 9 a.m. in Room 2.
- Natural Resources and Environment meets at 9 a.m. in Room 4.
- Administration of Criminal Justice meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room 6.
- Insurance meets at 10 a.m. in Room 3.
- Health and Welfare meets at 9 a.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
- Insurance meets at 9:30 a.m. in Room A-B.
- Commerce, Consumer Protection and International Affairs meets at 10 a.m. in Room E.
- Senate and Governmental Affairs meets at 10 a.m. in Room F.
- 10 a.m.: LA Video Gaming Association Annual Convention at L’Auberge.
- 11:30 a.m.: Local Workforce Development Workshop at the Capitol.
- Noon: Rural Hospital Coalition Conference at the Baton Rouge Hilton.