Today in The Rundown: The governor’s race is just days away; budget shortfall looms large; Syrian refugees become political issue; and more
Days until the runoff: 4
Days until gubernatorial inauguration: 55
Days until the Iowa caucuses: 76
LA Gov: Gubernatorial candidates went head-to-head in a rowdy debate Monday. http://bit.ly/1SxPb1w
Syria: Gov. Bobby Jindal and the candidates for governor have responded to the resettlement of Syrian refugees in Louisiana. http://bit.ly/1kZR508
Busted Budget: Louisiana needs to find hundreds of millions of dollars to plug the budget hole now. http://bit.ly/1l01dWJ
Baton Rouge: Mayor Kip Holden strikes back at claims he doesn’t care about North Baton Rouge. http://bit.ly/20YqUYr
LT Gov: The candidates for lieutenant governor took part in a forum on Monday. http://bit.ly/20Yro0X
OMV: More letters are going out from OMV. http://bit.ly/20Yru8N
Polls: Another poll shows John Bel Edwards with a double-digit lead over David Vitter in the governor’s race. http://bit.ly/1HPWeCr
DGA: David Vitter was compared to House of Cards‘ Frank Underwood in the latest DGA slam. http://bit.ly/20YrNAr
At The Capitol
- Sales Tax Streamlining and Modernization Commission meets Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
- Interim Emergency Board meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Gaming Control Board meets Thursday at 10 a.m.
- State Bond Commission meets Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Louisiana Statewide Transportation Plan Policy Committee meets Thursday at 1 p.m.