Bobby Jindal renews attack on Donald Trump in presidential debate _lowres

Republican presidential candidate, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal speaks during the CNN Republican presidential debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2015, in Simi Valley, Calif. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

For the past week, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal’s presidential campaign has joined other lower-tier candidates in questioning plans for the next GOP debate that is slated for Oct. 28.

Jindal’s chief political strategist Curt Anderson has spoken out to Breitbart and now Politico about a lack of clarity over how the CNBC-hosted will be structured or the criteria for getting on stage during the nationally-televised event.

Bobby Jindal campaign

Gov. Bobby Jindal

“With the next debate a month away, it is maddening that the RNC has yet to provide any guidance to campaigns regarding the criteria that they and CNBC plan to use to exclude candidates,” Anderson told Politico.

Jindal, so far, has been relegated to the two lower-tier candidate debates, rather than the main stage because of low national polling. The latest national polls have him at 1 percent or lower, though he is polling better in Iowa where he has centered most of his campaign.

A top Republican National Committee official signaled earlier this month that the Sept. 16 so-called “undercard debate” could be the last as the presidential race moves forward and focuses on top candidates.

Two candidates — former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker — have recently withdrawn from the race for the GOP nomination. Speculation has been brewing that U.S. Sen. Rand Paul would be the next one out of the race — shifting his focus instead to his re-election bid in Kentucky.

Despite some whispers from outsiders that he could be next to ditch the race, Jindal’s campaign has been sending strong signals that he’s sticking around a while longer.

When Politico ran a story last week about anonymous “insiders” speculating he would soon drop out, Jindal’s team quickly shot out a media blast disputing it.

“I’m old enough to remember way, way back in July 2015, when POLITICO Insiders declared Scott Walker ‘dominant’ in Iowa. In case you missed it, he withdrew from the race on Monday, September 21,” deputy campaign manager Tim Saler said in the email that went out last Friday.

Jindal also has already put down his $40,000 filing fee to get on the South Carolina ballot and recently held a fundraiser in New Orleans. He has announced a schedule events scheduled in Iowa through the Feb. 1 caucuses.

MORE COVERAGE

Wednesday’s “undercard” debate could be the last; unclear what that means for Bobby Jindal

Bobby Jindal qualifies for Feb. 20 South Carolina primary

Jindal draws applause, stays late on Iowa campaign trail