Today in The Rundown: Gov. Jindal continues his legacy tour; parents will get some guidance for reading grades; Gov.-elect John Bel Edwards will name some more appointments; and more .
Days until gubernatorial inauguration and swearing in of other statewide officials: 26
Days until the Louisiana presidential primary: 80
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session: 89*
(*Note: A special session is expected to be called in February before this but a date hasn’t yet been set.)
Where in the world is Bobby Jindal? Jindal is scheduled to tour the University Hospital and Clinics facility in Lafayette and meet with hospital executives and employees to talk about the state’s public-private partnerships.
Jindal: In a visit to a New Orleans school this week, Gov. Bobby Jindal urged continued support for the vouchers program that he sees as a key priority during his time in office. http://bit.ly/1mn3Dzv
Common Core: The state will offer online “parent guides” to help families understand annual letter grades given to public schools and districts. http://bit.ly/1m6dhpR
Campaign cash: A new tool helps track political leanings by the candidates each city’s residents tend to contribute to. http://bit.ly/1TOeInN
Attorney General: Incoming AG Jeff Landry has ID’d key advisers for his transition, as well as the person who he’ll nominate to become his chief deputy. http://bit.ly/1SZC6i3
Gov.-elect John Bel Edwards is expected to name more key appointments to his administration today.
The Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District meets at noon at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
Coming up at The Capitol…
- Legislative Audit Advisory Council meets Thursday at 9 a.m.
- House Ways and Means and Senate Revenue and Fiscal Affairsmeet together Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Joint Health and Welfare meets Thursday at 10 a.m.
- State Bond Commission meets Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Litigation Subcommittee of Joint Budget meets Thursday at 12:30 p.m.
- Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget meets Thursday at 1 p.m.
- House Municipal, Parochial and Cultural Affairs meets Thursday at 2 p.m.