Louisiana's eight Electoral College voters gathered Monday at the State Capitol on Monday to formally elect Republican Donald Trump as president.
In roll call votes, all eight first voted for Trump, then all eight voted for Mike Pence for vice president.
Louisiana overwhelmingly supported Trump in the Nov. 8 election, with the real estate mogul capturing more votes in Louisiana than any other candidate before.
Louisiana’s electors are:
- Garrett C. Monti, at large;
- Steven Scott Wilfong, at large;
- Christopher David Trahan, 1st Congressional District;
- Lloyd A. Harsch, 2nd Congressional District;
- Charles L. Buckels, Jr., 3rd Congressional District;
- Louis R. Avallone, 4th Congressional District;
- Kay Kellogg Katz, 5th Congressional District;
- Lennie H. Rhys, 6th Congressional District.
The Electoral College meeting took place at 11:30 a.m. in the Senate chamber at the State Capitol.