Today in The Rundown: LaLege appears to be breaking through the logjam; Common Core revisions approved; Bill Clinton stumps for Hillary ahead of Saturday’s primary; and more.
Days until the end of the special session: 5
Days until the 2016 regular Louisiana legislative session: 10
Days until Louisiana’s presidential primary: 1
Budget Crunch: Some movement began at the Capitol on Thursday after several days of logjam. http://bit.ly/1VUFJr2
Common Core: BESE is backing revisions to the Common Core academic standards. http://bit.ly/1VUFHPS
2016: Bill Clinton stumped for Hillary Clinton in Baton Rouge Thursday night. http://bit.ly/1Quv5U8
Trump 2016: Whatever happened to the proposed Trump Tower in New Orleans? Nothing. http://bit.ly/1QWv80s
LA 03: Scott Angelle has announced that, rather than running for Senate, he’s seeking the state’s 3rd District U.S. Rep. seat. http://bit.ly/1VUFH2j
ELECTION CENTRAL: Here’s what you need to know for Saturday’s election. http://bit.ly/1L6fw8s
Today at the Capitol
- Ways and Means meets at 1:30 p.m. in Room 6.
- Finance meets at 1 p.m. in Room A-B.
- Revenue and Fiscal Affairs meets at 1 p.m. in John J. Hainkel, Jr. Room.
- Former President Bill Clinton stumps for Hillary Clinton in New Orleans at 10:30 a.m.
- GOP frontrunner Donald Trump holds a campaign rally in New Orleans at 6 p.m.
- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz holds a rally in Mandeville at 7:30 p.m.