All lanes are now open Interstate-12 East before Airline. Congestion is approaching Essen Lane, according to the DOTD Twitter site.
The interstate was blocked earlier due to a car on fire on the right shoulder.
All lanes are also clear on Interstate-10 East at Washington from an earlier stalled vehicle.
In central and southern Louisiana, light easterly winds will limit pollutant dispersion, and partly to mostly sunny skies will support ozone formation on Monday and Tuesday. While low pollutant carryover will keep AQI levels Good throughout the region on Monday, AQI levels will be Moderate for ozone on Tuesday in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Lake Charles. Wednesday, light east-southeasterly winds will limit pollutant dispersion, and mostly sunny skies and warm temperatures will enhance ozone production. These conditions will lead to mid- to high-Moderate AQI levels in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, and Lake Charles. (From the Monday afternoon DEQ air quality report.)
• Monday, Aug 20: 47 AQI Good
• Tuesday, Aug 21: 77 AQI Good
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
East Baton Rouge Parish
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for concrete restoration.
• Victoria Drive closed between Airline Highway and Prescott Road from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work. Alternative route: Maribel Drive or Airline Highway to Prescott Road.
• Burbank Drive narrowed between Highland Road and Staring Lane Extension from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for sewer work.
• Victoria Drive closed between Prescott Road and Hanks Drive from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Sullivan Road closed between Ouachita Avenue and the Central School from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for roadway reconstruction. Alternative route: Joor Road to Hooper Road.
• Elissalde Street closed between Morning Glory Avenue and I-10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Morning Glory Avenue closed between Christian Street and Stanford Avenue for sewer work.
• Bicentennial Place narrowed between Airline Highway and 600 feet west of Airline Highway from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Glacier Street closed between Terrace Street and Oklahoma Street from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work. Alternative route: Highland Road.
• Alaska Street closed between Grant Street and Garfield Street from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Essen Lane narrowed at Archives Avenue for sewer repairs.
• La. 19 narrowed between La. 64 and the East Feliciana Parish lLine from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for paving.
West Baton Rouge Parish
• La. 415 narrowed between U.S. 190 and Court Street from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for concrete patching.