If you’re heading to the New Orleans area for the Lacombe Crab Festival this weekend, closures on parts of Interstate 10 near Irish Bayou are planned for the entire weekend. For information on the festival, go to http://www.lacombecrabfest.org/
Planned closures for the weekend on Interstate 10 near New Orleans starting tonight
METAIRIE (AP) — The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development reports there will be continuous lane closures of Interstate 10 in the Irish Bayou area in both directions this weekend.
The lane closures are necessary for concrete patching work and will begin Friday at 8 p.m. and end on Sunday at 6 p.m.
The closure of I-10 Eastbound: will run between mile marker 251 and 254 and close the right and center lane. The suggested alternate route is I-510 to US 90 to US 11.
For I-10 Westbound: the right and center lanes will be closed between mile marker 255 and 253. The suggested alternate route is US 11 to US 90 to I-510.
Baton Rouge traffic incidents map.
Refresh map to view new events.
Baton Rouge Road work
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Red Oak Drive closed between Sharp Lane and Pump Station 51AA from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer repairs.
• Sharp Lane at Red Oak Drive closed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Bridge on Claycut Road closed between Bienville Street and Moore Street for repairs. Alternative route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• West Roosevelt Street closed from Illinois Street to Wyoming Street from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for sewer repairs.
• Pickett Avenue closed between Sweetbriar Street and Palm Street from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Granada Drive closed between Perkins Road and Bermuda Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for sewer work.
• Churchill Avenue closed between Ramsey Drive and Richland Avenue from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Gardere Lane closed between River Road and La. 30 for construction of a new railroad crossing. Alternative route: Ben Hur Road or La. 75 to La. 327.