Nicholson Drive is closed from Gardere Lane to Bluebonnet Boulevard for emergency repair, according to a state Department of Transportation and Development news release.
Crews are working to get Nicholson Drive open as soon as possible.
AQI levels Good
Thursday through Saturday, partly mostly cloudy skies will limit ozone formation across Louisiana, and widespread thunderstorms will disperse pollutants, according to the Thursday afternoon forecast by the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality. AQI levels will be Good statewide through Friday.
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website: www.deq.louisiana.gov.
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
East Baton Rouge parish
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Claycut Road bridge closed between Bienville Street and Moore Street for repairs. Alternate route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternate route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Hillsdale Drive closed between East Lakeshore Drive and Ebony Avenue for installation of sewer force mains.
• Ebony Avenue closed between Hillsdale Drive and Baywood Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• East Lakeshore Drive closed at Hillsdale Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Winchester Avenue closed between Glen Oaks Drive and Oaklan Avenue from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for pipe installation.
• Hermosa Drive closed between Cuyhanga Parkway and West Havana Drive from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Burbank Drive narrowed at Bluebonnet Boulevard from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for pavement work.
• Main Street narrowed between Lafayette Street and Third Street from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. to install water mains.
• Zeeland Avenue closed between South Eugene Street and Arlington Avenue from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work. Alternate route: Hundred Oaks Avenue or Lydia Avenue.
• Kenmore Avenue closed between Government Street and Oleander Street from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• East Roosevelt Street closed between Georgia Street and Thomas H. Delpit Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work. Alternate route: East Grant Street.
• Victoria Drive narrowed between Airline Highway and Hanks Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for installation of bypass pipe.
• Moss Side Drive closed between Potomac Drive and Krista Lane from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Earl Gros Avenue closed between Jay Hebert Drive and Jim Taylor Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
West Baton Rouge parish
• Interstate 10 narrowed between the beginning of the Mississippi River Bridge and Exit 139 in Grosse Tete from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.