Claycut Bridge reopens
The Claycut Road Bridge, atop Wards Creek, has been closed for repairs since May 23.
Thomas Stephens, chief design engineer for the East Baton Rouge Parish Department of Public Works, said the bridge should be open to traffic by noon Friday.
Road work to limit O’Neal turns
Beginning Monday, motorists will not be able to make left turns from O’Neal Lane onto South Harrell’s Ferry Road, going both northbound and southbound, due to a construction project to widen the roadway, East Baton Rouge city-parish officials said in a news release Thursday.
The restriction on left turns is anticipated to last six months, weather permitting, the news release said.
The project is part of the city-parish’s Green Light Plan, a road improvements plan funded by a half-cent sales tax.
Motorists should plan to use Jones Creek Road and George O’Neal Road as primary detours during the left-turn restriction period, the news release said.
Travel times may be affected, and motorists are encouraged to plan for potential delays when using detour routes during the closure period, it said.
AQI levels Good
Friday through Sunday, partly to mostly cloudy skies will limit ozone formation across Louisiana, and widespread thunderstorms will disperse pollutants. These conditions will result in Good AQI levels statewide on all three days, according to the Friday afternoon forecast by the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website: www.deq.louisiana.gov.
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
East Baton Rouge Parish
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Bridge on Claycut Road, between Bienville Street and Moore Street, closed for repairs. Alternative route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive, between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place, closed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road, between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Hillsdale Drive from East Lakeshore Drive to Ebony Avenue, closed for installation of sewer force mains.
• Winchester Avenue, between Glen Oaks Drive and Oakland Avenue, closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for pipe installation.
• Ebony Avenue, between Hillsdale Drive and Baywood Avenue, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Hermosa Drive, between Cuyhanga Parkway and West. Havana Drive, closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• East Lakeshore Drive at Hillsdale Intersection, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Burbank Drive at Bluebonnet Boulevard narrowed from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for pavement work.
• Main Street, between Lafayette Street and Thir3rd Street, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. to install water mains.
• Zeeland Avenue, between South. Eugene Street and Arlington Avenue, closed from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work. Alternative route: Hundred Oaks Avenue or Lydia Avenue.
• Kenmore Avenue, between Government Street and Orleander Street, closed from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• East Roosevelt Street, between Georgia Street and Thomas H. Delpit Drive, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work. Alternative route: E. Grant Street.
• Victoria Drive, between Airline Highway and Hanks Drive, narrowed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for installation of bypass pipe.
• Moss Side Drive, between Potomac Drive and Krista Lane, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Earl Gros Avenue, between Jay Hebert Drive and Jim Taylor Drive, closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
•East. Garfield Street bridge closed for replacement. Alternative route: Thomas H. Delpit Drive to East. Grant Street to Highland Road.
West Baton Rouge Parish
• I-10 narrowed between the beginning of the Mississippi River Bridge and Exit 139 in Grosse Tete from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.