All lanes are now open on Interstate-110 South at Chippewa.
There is no congestion from an earlier accident, according to the DOTD Twitter site.
AQI levels Good to Moderate through Thursday; Good to low-Moderate on Friday
On Wednesday and Thursday, partly to mostly sunny skies and warm temperatures will aid ozone formation across Louisiana, according to the Wednesday afternoon air quality forecast from the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
In addition, generally light winds will limit pollutant dispersion, and fireworks displays will lead to locally elevated particle levels overnight and through the morning hours. However, scattered clouds and thunderstorms each afternoon will enhance atmospheric mixing and reduce ozone formation. Therefore, AQI levels will be Good to Moderate statewide on both days.
On Friday, rain showers and thunderstorms will become more widespread, limiting the formation of ozone and dispersing pollutants. As a result, AQI levels will be Good to low-Moderate.
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website: www.deq.louisiana.gov.
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Bridge on Claycut Road closed between Bienville Street and Moore Street for repairs. Alternative route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• West Roosevelt Street closed from Illinois Street to Wyoming Street from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for sewer repairs.
• Gardere Lane closed between River Road and La. 30 for construction of a new railroad crossing. Alternative route: Ben Hur Road or La. 75 to La. 327.
• Hillsdale Drive closed from East Lakeshore Drive to Ebony Avenue for installation of sewer force mains.
• Winchester Avenue closed between Glen Oaks Drive and Oakland Avenue from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for pipe installation.
• Town South Avenue closed between Ryder Drive and Lake Calais Court from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Ebony Avenue closed between Hillsdale Drive and Baywood Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Broussard Street closed between Parker Street and South Acadian Thruway from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer repairs. Alternative route: Claycut Street.
• Hermosa Drive closed between Cuyhanga Parkway and West Havana Drive from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.