All lanes are now open Interstate-10 West past LA-1 (Port Allen), according to the DOTD Twitter site.
Air Quality Action Day
An air quality action day has been declared for the Baton Rouge area for today, Monday, July 2, according to the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
The Air Quality Index indicates that ozone will be at the orange level, which is unhealthy for sensitive groups.
Increasing ozone levels may cause unhealthy air quality during afternoon hours.
Active children and adults, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases, such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor activities and exertion.
Area residents are encouraged to take one or more of the following voluntary actions to help reduce the formation of ozone:
• Drive less. Carpool, walk and bike, combine errands and care for your car. Be sure your gas cap is on tight.
• Refuel your vehicle, mow grass and use gas powered lawn equipment and off road vehicles after 6 p.m.
• Postpone chores that use oil based paint, varnishes and solvents that produce flame.
• If you barbeque, use an electric starter instead of starter fluid.
• Take your lunch to work or walk to lunch
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website www.deq.louisiana.gov
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Bridge on Claycut Road closed between Bienville Street and Moore Street for repairs. Alternative route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• West Roosevelt Street closed from Illinois Street to Wyoming Street from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for sewer repairs.
• Gardere Lane closed between River Road and La. 30 for construction of a new railroad crossing. Alternative route: Ben Hur Road or La. 75 to La. 327.
• Hillsdale Drive closed from East Lakeshore Drive to Ebony Avenue for installation of sewer force mains.
• Broussard Street closed between Hearthstone Drive and Parker Street from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Delgado Drive closed at Loyola Drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Winchester Avenue closed between Glen Oaks Drive and Oaklan Avenue from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for pipe installation.
• Town South Avenue closed between Ryder Drive and Lake Calais Court from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.