Congestion has now cleared on Interstate-12 East from Sherwood Forest to the Amite River Bridge, according to the DOTD Twitter site.
Congestion is beyond Sherwood Forest.
AQI levels Good
Through Wednesday, mostly cloudy skies will limit ozone formation across Louisiana, and widespread thunderstorms will disperse pollutants. As a result, AQI levels will be Good statewide on all three days, according to the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality’s Monday afternoon forecast.
More information about current air quality and what you can do to help prevent ozone formation is available online at the DEQ website: www.deq.louisiana.gov.
More on today’s weather at the WBRZ Weather Blog
EBR Parish road work
• 5200 block of Corporate Boulevard westbound narrowed.
• 300 block of North Boulevard narrowed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction.
• Bridge on Claycut Road closed between Bienville Street and Moore Street for repairs. Alternative route: South Foster Drive to College Drive to Westdale Drive to Country Club Drive.
• Elm Grove Garden Drive closed between Fairchild Road and South Elm Grove Place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for bridge replacement. Alternative route: Fairchild Road/Badley Road to Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rosenwald Road.
• Prescott Road narrowed between Victoria Drive and Maribel Drive from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for sewer work.
• Gardere Lane closed between River Road and La. 30 for construction of a new railroad crossing. Alternative route: Ben Hur Road or La. 75 to La. 327.
• Hillsdale Drive closed from East Lakeshore Drive to Ebony Avenue for installation of sewer force mains.
• Winchester Avenue closed between Glen Oaks Drive and Oakland Avenue from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for pipe installation.
• Ebony Avenue closed between Hillsdale Drive and Baywood Avenue from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Hermosa Drive closed between Cuyhanga Parkway and West Havana Drive from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• East Lakeshore Drive closed at the Hillsdale intersection from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sewer work.
• Bluebonnet Boulevard narrowed between I-10 and Mall of Louisiana Boulevard from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for installation of mountable curb.
WBR Parish road workwest
• I-10 narrowed between the beginning of the Mississippi River Bridge and Exit 139 in Grosse Tete from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.