Name: Aeneas Demetrius Williams
Birthdate: Jan. 29, 1968
Birthplace: New Orleans
Weight: 200 pounds
High school: Fortier
NFL teams: Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, 1991-2000; St. Louis Rams, 2001-04 (14 seasons/211 games)
Positions: Cornerback, free safety
- Two-time All-Southwestern Athletic Conference selection at Southern (1989, 1990) after joining the team as a walk-on. ... Intercepted 17 passes in his final two seasons, including 11 to lead Division I-AA in 1990.
- Selected in third round (59th overall) of the 1991 NFL draft by the Phoenix Cardinals. ... Played 12 seasons at cornerback before moving to free safety, earning Pro Bowl berths at both positions.
- Named first-team Associated Press All-Pro three times (1995, 1997, 2001) and was a second-team pick twice (1994, 1996). ... Voted to the Pro Bowl eight times (1994-99, 2001, 2003). ... Named NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year by NFL Players Association (1991).
- Led NFL with career-high nine interceptions in 1994 and recorded 27 interceptions in a four-year span (1994-97). ... Picked off five or more passes in six of his 14 seasons in the NFL.
- His 55 career interceptions were 17th all-time when he retired in 2004, and his nine touchdowns on interceptions tied for second. ... Also had six interceptions (with one in four consecutive games) in six career playoff games.