1. Scotlandville 20-5: Quite a week for the Hornets with a District 4-5A win over Walker and Ja’Vonte Smart’s 62 points in a win over Belaire.
2. Walker 24-4: The Wildcats responded to the one-point loss to Scotlandville by beating Zachary on Friday.
3. Denham Springs 21-6 and Catholic 15-8: DSHS of 4-5A and Catholic of 5-5A picked up key wins last week.
5. McKinley 18-8 and East Ascension 17-7: Big win over St. Amant on Friday moves the Panthers up, while Friday’s loss drops EAHS down.
Just outside the arc: Dutchtown, Plaquemine, St. Amant, St. Michael.
Class 3A and below
1. Madison Prep 17-4: The 3A Chargers keep winning and face an intriguing 6-3A challenge with Baker on Tuesday.
2. Dunham 18-6: There have been a few bumps in the road for the 2A/Division III Tigers, but they have remained steady.
3. University 14-8: U-High of 3A/Division II has quietly put together a solid season.
4. Jehovah-Jireh 21-11: The Class C Warriors have been impressive against opponents from all levels.
5. Episcopal 25-2: A recent loss to Jehovah-Jireh does little to tarnish what the 2A/Division III Knights have done.
Just outside the arc: Baker, Doyle Southern Lab, White Castle, The Church Academy.
1. McKinley 27-2 and Zachary 20-8: The Panthers lead 5-5A and Zachary is setting the pace in 4-5A, but both face key challenges this week.
3. East Ascension 16-2: The Spartans meet McKinley again Tuesday with the chance to avenge a loss.
4. Walker 25-6: A loss to Zachary on Friday moves the Wildcats down.
5. Denham Springs 19-6 and Lee 21-8: The Yellow Jackets can make a huge 4-5A statement vs. Zachary Tuesday night; Lee remains the top 4A team.
Just outside the arc: Dutchtown, Plaquemine, Scotlandville.
Class 3A and below
1. Holden 29-1: The Class B Rockets keep winning, which means there is no change at the top for this group.
2. Albany 23-5 and Madison Prep 18-10: Two 3A teams from different districts should be solid contenders for a state title.
4. Dunham 21-6: The Tigers of Class 2A/Division III are moving closer to an elusive district title and appear primed for a great playoff run.
5. University 16-11: Few teams have the playoff pedigree the Cubs have, and that will serve them well in Class 3A/Division II.
Just outside the arc: Ascension Christian, Doyle, Mentorship Academy, The Church Academy, Southern Lab.