LSU reserve center Andy Dodd plans to transfer, he announced Wednesday.
Dodd, a rising fifth-year senior who signed with the Tigers in 2013, plans to graduate in May, meaning he'll be able to transfer and play immediately this upcoming season without sitting out.
In a tweet, the Georgia native called the decision to transfer "not an easy one" but "in my best interest."
Dodd, Ethan Pocic's backup the last several years, is likely seeking a new destination for playing time. His announcement signals a potential shuffle on LSU's offensive line.
Will Clapp, the Tigers' two-year starting guard, could shift inside to replace Pocic at center. The move would keep Dodd in a reserve role.
Dodd played in eight games during his first two seasons with the Tigers before getting his first start against Southern Miss this past season. Pocic started that game at right tackle, and Clapp missed that game with injury.
Homecoming on Sept. 30
LSU's homecoming this season will be Sept. 30 against Troy, the university announced in a statement Wednesday.
The school announced several other dates for the 2017 season:
- The Troy contest will also serve as the "Purple Game" as LSU will wear its purple jerseys and will ask fans to wear purple.
- The newest members of the LSU Hall of Fame will be introduced at the Syracuse game Sept. 23.
- The Tigers' annual "Gold Game" will be against Auburn on Oct. 14. LSU will ask fans fill Tiger Stadium with gold attire.
- "LSU Salutes" will be Nov. 11, when the Tigers welcome Arkansas to Tiger Stadium.
- The Texas A&M game Nov. 25 will serve as the Letterman's Game for the National L Club.
LSU is collecting requests as part of the new season ticket and parking request list at LSUtix.net. The deadline to request is March 31.
Tradition Fund and TAF donation deadlines are March 31. Away-game ticket information will be sent to season ticket holders in late March with a deadline of May 31.