Leonard Fournette continues to remain absence from LSU football practice, a sign that the Tigers' star tailback is still battling a lingering ankle injury.
Fournette missed Monday's 30-minute practice. He did not practice any last week, coach Ed Orgeron said, and his status for this week's game at Florida remains uncertain, as Orgeron stated earlier Monday.
LSU right tackle Toby Weathersby and left guard Will Clapp will both be “out for a little bi…
Once a Heisman Trophy favorite, Fournette missed two of LSU's first five games because of the lingering injury. He sprained the left ankle in preseason camp and then bruised the same ankle in the season opener against Wisconsin before re-injuring it at Auburn.
Running back Leonard Fournette is "day by day," coach Ed Orgeron said, and he's unsure if LS…
Other observations from LSU's open practice:
- O-line injuries: LG Will Clapp and RT Toby Weathersby missed practice, too. Clapp and Weathersby "will be out for a little bit," Orgeron said. Clapp suffered an ankle injury in the first half of the game against Missouri and missed the entire second half. Weathersby injured himself in Game 3 against Mississippi State, did not make the trip to Auburn and missed the game against Missouri. He was seen in a walking boot on Monday.
- New injuries: DE Frank Herron and TE Foster Moreau missed practice Monday, joining the list of injured players. Herron was spotted in a walking boot Monday, and Moreau's injury is unclear. He bowled over in pain after a play in the second half of LSU's win over Missouri. Moreau caught two passes against MU and is the Tigers' often-used tight end.
- Pocic: Center Ethan Pocic practiced, but he only watched full team drills as he battles an unspecified injury. Pocic's left knee was wrapped and braced Monday. Pocic missed practice last Monday and Tuesday, but played against Missouri.
- OL shuffling: LSU flashed a couple of different offensive line combinations Monday. The first is probably what we'll see against Florida:
- LT Malone-LG Brumfield-C Pocic-RG Boutte-RT Teuhema
- Saivion Smith returns: Saivion Smith did not play against Florida with an unspecified injury, but he did practice with the Tigers on Monday, running at cornerback with the second string.
LSU starters vs. starters.
LSU backups vs. backups.