LSU has landed two quarterback commitments for the 2017 class in less than 10 days.
St. James four-star rated QB Lowell Narcisse announced on his Twitter account Monday that he’s committed to the Tigers.
“I’ve decided to stay home and play for my home state,” he wrote in the post.
Narcisse, a one-time Auburn commitment, is the fifth-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2017 group, according to 247Sports.com. He joins St. Stanislaus quarterback Myles Brennan as playcallers in the 2017 class. Brennan committed on April 23.
Narcisse had offers from Alabama, Clemson, Arizona State and North Carolina. He de-committed from Auburn in January and has visited LSU, unofficially, several times over the last three months.
The Tigers’ 2017 commitment class now stands at seven members and is ranked 22nd nationally, according to 247Sports.
Narcisse played just three games of his junior season last year, returning sooner than expected from a torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in the spring. He helped the Wildcats in their run to the Class 3A state championship game.
This post will be updated.
LSU’s 2017 commitment class
- RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Catholic (Baton Rouge)
- QB Jontre Kirklin, Lutcher (Lutcher)
- DT Tyler Shelvin, Northside (Lafayette)
- OLB Patrick Queen, Livonia (Livonia)
- QB Lowell Narcisse, Saint James (Saint James)
- QB Myles Brennan, St. Stanislaus (Bay St. Louis, Mississippi)
- OG Edward Ingram, DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas)
- DB Kelvin Joseph, Scotlandville (Baton Rouge)
- DB Corione Harris, Landry-Walker (New Orleans)
- QB Zadock Dinkelmann, Somerset (Somerset, Texas)
- WR Devonta Jason, Landry-Walker (New Orleans)