Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Alabama (-36) vs. Tennessee, 2:30 p.m. (CBS)
- We picked against the Crimson Tide last week with a 31.5-point spread against Arkansas. The Hogs missed an extra point and lost by 32. Kenny cursed, but he learned his lesson. Roll Tide.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Alabama is 1-4 against the spread in its last four home games.
Kentucky (+12) at Mississippi State, 3 p.m. SEC Network
- This seems like an awfully high spread for a State team that lost by 28 to Georgia and 39 to Auburn. The 5-1 Wildcats have not won by more than 11 points this year and have not lost by more than 1.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Cats are 8-2 against the spread in their last 10 SEC games.
OXFORD, Mississippi — Hotty toddy, gosh almighty!
LSU (-7) at Ole Miss, 6:15 p.m. (ESPN)
- Kenny and I don't feel real good about this. The erratic Tigers are tough to predict, but they're built to stop these kinds of spread, pass-heavy teams because of their cornerbacks and edge rushers.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Rebels went seven straight games without covering a spread until last week's win over Vanderbilt.
Arkansas (+15.5) vs. Auburn, 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
- The Hogs are on a slide, but what better way to turn it around than hosting an Auburn team that blew a 20-point first-quarter lead the week before? Kenny hopes Bret Bielema's boys keep it close.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Auburn is 5-0 against the spread this year vs. a team with a losing record.
Tracking Our Losses
- Last week: 4-2
- 2017 record: 9-13
In a span of seven weeks, LSU’s football season has had everything except aliens touching do…