Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game (we've missed the first four games this season, but this week is when things really get rolling with five games). Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Arkansas (+2.5) vs. Texas A&M, 11 a.m. Saturday (ESPN)
- It's Buyout Bowl No. 1 of the 2017 SEC season. There will be plenty, plenty more, especially in an SEC Western Division with as many as four coaches on the hot seat. Bret Bielema beats Kevin Sumlin in this one in Dallas.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Aggies have covered in four of the last five meetings between the teams and have won all five outright.
Alabama (-18.5) at Vanderbilt, 2:30 p.m. Saturday (CBS)
- VU coach Derek Mason has his defense playing well, but the Crimson Tide can at least cover by three touchdowns, right? Kenny thinks so.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Tide is 5-0 against the spread in its last five road games.
Turns out LSU running back Derrius Guice will play against Syracuse.
Mississippi State (+4.5) at Georgia, 6 p.m. Saturday (ESPN)
- If Dan Mullen's team plays as well as it did against LSU, the road Dogs will win out-right. QB Nick Fitzgerald and Co. can at least hang around until the end, keeping it a field goal game.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: State has covered in all three games this season, and it's not close.
Missouri (+18) vs. Auburn, 6:30 p.m. Saturday (ESPNU)
- Mizzou is not good. Not good at all. They are really, really bad. But, for some reason, Kenny and I got'em covering at home against an Auburn team that struggled last week with Mercer.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Neither of these two teams have covered a spread since last November, a combined 0-6-1 ATS in their last seven.
Florida (-2.5) at Kentucky, 6:30 p.m. Saturday (SEC Network)
- Kenny and I expected this spread to be much, much bigger (around a touchdown), and we had made plans to pick the Cats to cover that. We'll take the Gators with such a small number, but, man, we don't feel good about it at all.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Gators have covered the spread in nine of the last 10 meetings with the Cats.
Travonte Valentine is supposed to be manning the center of LSU’s defense right now, a 350-po…
Tracking Our Losses
- 2017 record: 0-0-0
- 2016 record: (Les Miles got fired and so we forgot to do picks)
- 2015 record: 36-26-0