Delly Picks is a new blog series posting each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Arkansas (+16.5) at Alabama, 6 p.m. ESPN
- This was not an easy pick, but the Hogs aren’t as bad as their record (2-3) and the Crimson Tide isn’t necessarily as good as its last win – a 38-10 win at Georgia. Still, if you can help it, don’t bet this game. The spread seems too accurate.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Crimson Tide is 0-4 against the spread in their last four home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Troy (+30.5) at Mississippi State, 3 p.m. SEC Network
- Troy beat State as a 22-point underdog in 2001. Things haven’t gotten a lot better in Starkville, but, man, that’s a lot of points.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: In their last four meetings against Troy, State is 1-3 against the spread.
Ole Miss (-45) vs. New Mexico State, 11 a.m. SEC Network
- Boy, the Mississippi schools are really bringing it this week with the competition. NMS hasn’t won a game this season, has lost 14 straight overall and lost at Florida 61-13 earlier this season.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Aggies are 0-6 against the spread in their last six games against the SEC.
Tennessee (+3) vs. Georgia, 2:30 p.m. CBS
- The Vols have lost three of four – blowing big leads in each. Surely they won’t lose at home to a Georgia team just pummeled by Alabama, right? Here’s hoping they keep it a three-point game at least.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Vols are 0-4 against the spread in their last four conference games.
Missouri (+4.5) vs. Florida, 6:30 p.m. SEC Network
- Are the Gators really good enough to be a near 5-point favorite on the road at the two-time defending SEC East champs? No, no they’re not. Despite MU starting its backup quarterback, the Tigers’ defense is solid enough to slow the streaking Gators.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Gators are 5-0 against the spread in their last five road games.
South Carolina (+19.5) vs. LSU, 2:30 p.m. ESPN [Take It To Da Bank]
- It feels like there are two things that can happen in this game. LSU wins a blowout against a flood-ravaged, nomadic squad that’s 2-3 or South Carolina keeps it close or wins against a struggling, overrated LSU team that’s played sloppy the last two games.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Somethings’ gotta give. SC is 0-4 against the spread vs. teams with a winning record, and LSU is 0-4 against the spread vs. teams with a losing record.
Tracking Our Losses
- Record: 4-4-0
- Take It To Da Banks: 1-0
More LSU Football
- ‘Only LSU football': Wedding plans changing; tailgates, bars ramp up for impromptu home game vs. South Carolina