Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Vanderbilt (+9) vs. Florida, 11 a.m. Saturday (ESPN)
- The Gators are not great, especially offensively. The Commodores were beaten by 59 points last week at home. Kenny and I were pretty torn on this one.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Gators have not covered in five of the last six games.
Tennessee (+8) vs. Georgia, 2:30 p.m. Saturday (CBS)
- The Bulldogs have proven good - so far - on my preseason AP rankings of No. 8, but they'll get a test in a hostile road environment, especially with a true freshman quarterback. Vols keep it close.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The favorite has not covered in the last five matchups in this series.
Mississippi State (+8) at Auburn, 5 p.m. Saturday (ESPN)
- Third game, third underdog that Kenny and I are taking. The Bulldogs got spanked at Georgia last week after whipping LSU. Auburn trounced Missouri last Saturday, but State won't be as easy.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: State has covered four of the last five meetings in the series.
Texas A&M (-7.5) vs. South Carolina, 6:30 p.m. Saturday (SEC Network)
- The Gamecocks barely beat Louisiana Tech last week and then lost at home to Kentucky. Maybe that overtime win over the Hogs last week will get the fighting Kevin Sumlins going.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The favorite has not covered in the last three meetings of the series.
Alabama (-28) vs. Ole Miss, 8 p.m. Saturday (ESPN)
- The Tide served as Kenny and I's only friggin win last week in a horrid 1-4 debut. The Rebels have beaten Nick Saban twice, but Hugh Freeze is no longer around because, like us, he gambled just a little too much.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Rebels have not covered in their last five games.
Tracking Our Losses
- 2017 record: 1-4
- 2016 record: (Les Miles got fired and so we forgot to do picks)
- 2015 record: 36-26-0