Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Ole Miss (+22.5) at Auburn, 11 a.m. (SEC Network)
- The Rebels only lost 66-3 at Alabama last week. A second straight road trip to that state will hopefully produce better results for Kenny and I.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Tigers have covered in four straight matchups in the series.
Georgia (-17) at Vanderbilt, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
- The Bulldogs are on a roll, and we're not surprised (POLL PLUG: UGA was No. 8 on our AP preseason ballot). The Dores are facing a third straight toughie in the SEC (Alabama, Florida, Georgia). That doesn't bode well.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Bulldogs have covered in five of their last six games.
LSU could start two true freshmen on the offensive line again Saturday.
Florida (-2.5) vs. LSU, 2:30 p.m. (CBS)
- The Tigers lost to Troy at home last week and, yet, they're just a 2.5-point underdog on the road at the 21st-ranked team in the nation. That tells you all you need to know about Florida. Oh, but Kenny says the Gators still cover.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Florida has covered in just two of its last seven games.
Arkansas (-2.5) at South Carolina, 3 p.m. (SEC Network)
- Could you imagine Bret Bielema and Will Muschamp dueling in a boxing ring? That would be more entertaining than this matchup.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Hogs haven't covered a spread since November of last year. That's not what Kenny wants to hear.
Texas A&M (+26.5) vs. Alabama, 6:15 p.m. (ESPN)
- You know what they say: Don't bet against Nick Saban and the Tide or Bill Belichick and the Pats. Kenny is a risk taker.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Crimson Tide is 8-1 against the spread in its last nine SEC games.
Tight ends coach Steve Ensminger has been given a contract extension and a raise, according …
Kentucky (-9.5) vs. Missouri, 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
- MU coach Barry Odom is in Year 2 and it feels like he's on the way out. The Tigers are bad, real, real bad.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Missouri is 0-7 against the spread in its last seven road games.
Tracking Our Losses
- 2017 record: 2-8
- 2016 record: (Les Miles got fired and so we forgot to do picks)
- 2015 record: 36-26-0
It was called “Pylon Left” for a reason.