Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Arkansas (+17) at LSU, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
- Kenny believes the early kickoff will be a factor, and the Hogs keep it just close enough in a half-full Tiger Stadium to cover this hefty spread.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Tigers have covered in their last three games.
South Carolina (-5.5) vs. Florida, 11 a.m. (CBS)
- It's the Muschamp Bowl! USC coach Will Muschamp battles his own team and a program that's in a complete state of disaster. The Gators were blown up at Missouri last week.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The road team is 3-0-1 in the last four meetings in this series.
Georgia (-2) at Auburn, 2:30 p.m. (CBS)
- This one won't be easy, but Kenny and I do not expect the Bulldogs to lose. With the spread at 2, we'll go with Kirby and Co. - but barely.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Bulldogs have covered their last seven road games. That's impressive, says Kenny, between sips of Bourbon.
Kentucky (+2) at Vanderbilt, 3 p.m. (SEC Network)
- We'll take the Wildcats for a second straight week, risking everything we own on a basketball school to cover a football spread, but it's Vanderbilt so...
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Wildcats have failed to cover in five straight games.
Alabama (-13.5) at Mississippi State, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
- Two touchdowns on the road in cowbell-clanging Starkville? This one's close for a while, says Kenny, but the Tide roll away toward the end to move to 10-0.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The home team is 5-2 in the last seven games of the season.
Tennessee (+12.5) at Missouri, 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
- Is this how the Butch Jones ends - a loss on the road to Missouri? Kenny keeps waiting for the Volunteers to pull the plug. With a close game or, even, a UT win, Jones coaches against LSU next week.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Missouri has covered in its last five games.
Tracking Our Losses
- Last week: 2-2-1
- 2017 record: 11-15-1