Delly Picks is a new blog series posting each Thursday or Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
Kentucky (+2) vs. Auburn, 6 p.m. ESPN (Thursday)
- The Wildcats are underdogs at home to an Auburn team that struggled to beat Jacksonville State, San Jose State, lost at home to Mississippi State and was blown out by LSU? Here’s what Kenny and I say to that: C-A-T-S Cats Cats Cats
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Kentucky has covered the spread in its last three meeting against Auburn, including a win as a 13.5-point underdog in 2009.
Louisiana Tech (+13.5) at Mississippi State, 3 p.m. SEC Network
- This spread opened at 15.5. The bettors love them some Louisiana Tech and so do Kenny and I. The Bulldogs hung with Western Kentucky and Kansas State. They can at least keep it under two TDs against the Dogs and old DC Manny Diaz.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Bulldogs are 5-0 against the spread in their last five games against SEC teams.
Alabama (-4.5) at Texas A&M, 2:30 p.m. CBS
- The confidence we have in this pick is low. So, so very low. The line opened at -3. Sure would have been nice to get it at that point. Kenny is kicking himself for waiting until Thursday.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Aggies haven’t covered a spread following a bye in the last nine chances. They’re 0-9.
Florida (+9.5) at LSU, 6 p.m .ESPN
- If you got this spread at LSU -4.5 give yourself a big pat on the back while Kenny down another glass of Bourbon. Despite losing its starting QB, Florida should still be able to hang around with a stout defense in a creative head coach.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: Florida is a covering machine. The Gators are 4-0 against the spread in their last four games and are 8-1 in their last nine.
Missouri (+16) at Georgia, 6:30 p.m. SEC Network [Take It To Da Bank]
- For those who think I attended school at Mizzou – you did, didn’t you? – I did not. But, I do like the tigers on the road, despite starting a true freshman. Remember, the Bulldogs will play their first full game without RB Nick Chubb.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Tigers are 1-5 against the spread in their last six games.
South Carolina (-3) vs. Vanderbilt, 3 p.m. SEC Network
- The Gamecocks are not very good, and they lose the Head Ball Coach earlier this week. This line started at SC -8 before Steve Spurrier’s resignation news broke. Kenny and I would have picked Vandy in an eight-point spread.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Gamecocks are 0-4 against the spread in their last four conference games.
Memphis (+10.5) vs. Ole Miss, 11 a.m. ESPN2
- You don’t just walk into the Liberty Bowl and get a win. Well, yeah, you probably do, but not without a fight! We’ve got the Tigers keeping it close.
- Degenerate Gambler’s Note: The Tigers are 0-6-1 against the spread in their last seven games against SEC teams. That sound you heard was Kenny needing another drink of Bourbon.
Tracking Our Losses
- Record: 8-6-0
- Take It To Da Banks: 1-1
More LSU Football