UPDATED (4:30 p.m.)
- No noticeable depth chart changes except … no “or” is listed between Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris. Harris will start against McNeese State, Les Miles said earlier in the week, but there remained an “or” between the two quarterbacks in LSU’s depth chart released Monday. That has changed.
- Mike The Tiger loaded into his mobile cage for his pregame tour around the Tiger Stadium Field. He did not participate in the pregame ritual last season for the first time in history because he refused to be loaded into the cage.
- Match: No. 14 LSU vs. McNeese State
- TDP: 6:39 p.m., Saturday, Tiger Stadium
- TV: SEC Network Alternate
- Series Record: LSU leads 1-0
- For LSU’s Davon Godchaux, his life once threatened, house shot up, brothers imprisoned, his mother ill; it all ‘drives’ him
- Rabalais: Another LSU football season is here, and it’s time for that magical run through the tunnel
- QB Brandon Harris: LSU has anointed sophomore Brandon Harris as its new starting QB. He gets a warm-up of sorts against McNeese State on Saturday. There’s still a competition between him and junior Anthony Jennings so Harris can extend his lead in the QB race with a good outing ahead of a key two-game stretch.