Delly Picks is a post published each Friday. We make picks against the spread for each Southeastern Conference game. Spreads via vegasinsider.com. Degenerate Gambler’s Notes brought to you by Covers.com.
South Carolina (+3.5) at Tennessee, 11 a.m. (ESPN)
- Will the Volunteers fire coach Butch Jones if they lose at home to the Gamecocks? That seems like a question looming over this one.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The underdog has covered in the last five meetings between these teams.
LSU (+7) vs. Auburn, 2:30 p.m. (CBS)
- The home Tigers have some much-needed momentum after a road victory at then-No. 21 Florida, but Auburn is no Florida. Maybe it's just enough to keep them in it despite line deficiencies.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Ed Orgeron's Tigers have not covered the spread since the season opener against BYU.
BAKER — There is a reason the Gage family’s living room is mostly empty.
Ole Miss (-3.5) vs. Vanderbilt, 2:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
- The Commodores get a break after three straight games against top-25 teams (all losses), but can they slow the Rebels and QB Shea Patterson? Kenny doesn't think so.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Last time Ole Miss covered a spread Hugh Freeze was coach.
Texas A&M (+2.5) at Florida, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
- The Aggies really held their own against Alabama last week, and the Gators are really struggling, especially offensively. Kevin Sumlin and them get a big W.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Texas A&M has covered in three of the last four games and pushed on the fourth.
Arkansas (+31.5) at Alabama, 6:15 p.m. (ESPN)
- The Tide will certainly roll in this one, but by 31? Maybe. Kenny is a risk taker.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: Seven straight losses against the spread for Bret Bielema's Hogs.
The floor was most comfortable for Danny Etling — the floor.
Georgia (-29.5) vs. Missouri, 6:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
- The Bulldogs are on a roll, and they appear to be the second-best team in the league. There's no appear about Mizzou - they're the worst team in the SEC.
- Degenerate Gambler's Note: The Tigers are 1-7 against the spread in their last eight road games.
Tracking Our Losses
- Last week: 3-3
- 2017 record: 5-11
- 2016 record: (Les Miles got fired and so we forgot to do picks)
- 2015 record: 36-26-0
In Louisiana, we’re always trying to hold back the water.