Opening Tip is posted about five hours before each game.
• What: UT Martin (1-5) at LSU (3-2)
• When: 7 p.m. Wednesday
• Where: Pete Maravich Assembly Center
• All-time series: LSU leads 4-0
• Last meeting: LSU 79, UT-Martin 56 (Nov. 18, 2010 in Baton Rouge)
• Streaking: UT-Martin (L3), LSU (L2)
• TV: None
• Online: SEC Network+ (Lyn Rollins, play-by-play; Victor Howell, analyst)
• Radio: WTGE-FM, 100.7; WWWL-AM, 1350; KLWB-FM, 103.7 (Chris Blair, play-by-play; John Brady, analyst)
• In game Twitter updates: @MicklesAdvocate
• Up next: vs. UNC Wilmington, Dec. 10, 4 p.m. (SEC Network+)
• BIG DROPOFF: After averaging 102.0 points in easily winning its first two games this season against Alcorn State and Samford, LSU averaged just 71.3 a game in going 1-2 against stiffer competition at the Maui Invitational.
• SHOOTING STARS: Despite sporadic struggles from the field in shooting 47.4 percent in the three games in Maui, LSU is hitting 53.2 percent from the floor, which ranks fifth in the nation as of Tuesday night’s games.
• SKYHAWKS STRUGGLING: After racking up 22 victories a year ago for its third 20-win season in a row, UT Martin lost 12 players off that team and is struggling at 1-5. One of its losses was to Southern 69-66 last Wednesday.
• WE MEET AGAIN: LSU and UT Martin have played four times with the Tigers winning each of those matchups in the PMAC. The last meeting on Nov. 18, 2010 resulted in a 79-56 win for the homestanding Tigers.
• SEC WOES: With four losses to LSU, UT Martin is 1-39 all-time against current Southeastern Conference teams. The Skyhawks’ lone victory came against Mississippi State, which has won eight times in the series.
Players to watch
• UT-MARTIN: F Fatodd Lewis. The 6-foot-8, 225-pounder has been on the upswing with a career-high 13 rebounds in Sunday’s loss to UMKC and had a career-best 25 points just four nights earlier against Southern. He registered his first career double-double earlier this season and currently ranks seventh in the Ohio Valley Conference in rebounding with 7.5 per game.
• LSU: G Randy Onwuasor. While guard Tremont Waters was putting on a show in the last game vs. Marquette, Onwuasor quietly had his best game since joining the program. Starting for an injured Brandon Sampson, Onwuasor, the nation’s fifth-leading scorer last season at Southern Utah when he netted 23.6 points a game, had 13 points and two rebounds in 34 minutes.
UT Martin Skyhawks (1-5)
• G Delfincko Bogan, 5-10, Jr., 8.3 ppg, 2.7 apg
• G Matthew Butler, 6-2, Sr., 15.5 ppg, 2.5 apg
• G Parrish Hewitt, 6-3, Fr., 4.2 ppg, 1.5 rpg
• F Dominique Williams, 6-6, Gr., 8.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg
• F Fatodd Lewis, 6-8, Jr., 12.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg
• G Darius Thompson, 6-3, Jr., 5.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg
• G Kahari Beaufort, 6-4, Sr., 4.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg
• C Terrence Parker, 6-9, Jr., 4.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg
LSU Tigers (3-2)
• G Tremont Waters, 5-11, Fr., 20.0 ppg, 5.2 apg
• G Skylar Mays, 6-4, So., 10.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg
• G Randy Onwuasor, 6-3, Gr., 6.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg
• F Aaron Epps, 6-10, Sr., 6.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg
• F Duop Reath, 6-11, Sr., 11.4 ppg 4.0 rpg
• F Wayde Sims, 6-6, So., 7.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg
• G Brandon Rachal, 6-5, Fr., 6.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg
• G Daryl Edwards, 6-3, Jr., 3.8 ppg, 1.6 rpg