Tre’Davious White, Will Clapp and Sione Teuhema were not at LSU’s practice Thursday – but famous entertainer Regis Philbin was there.
Philbin, performing a variety show at L’Auberge on Friday night, visited LSU’s practice Thursday, walking around the Charles McClendon practice field and posing for a photo with coach Les Miles.
Here are other news nuggets from practice and, below that, video:
- Malone’s move: K.J. Malone ran with the first group at right tackle on Thursday – not Toby Weathersby. Weathersby had been running with the first string for the first month of spring drills.
- Brumfield’s back: Garrett Brumfield, who missed multiple practices with an injured ankle, shed his gold non-contact jersey he’s donned the last few practices. He replaced Clapp with the first string, playing left guard. Maea Teuhema was at left tackle, Andy Dodd at center and Josh Boutte at right guard.
- Pass coverage: For the first time this spring, LSU conducted linebacker pass coverage drills with reporters present. Videos of those are below. Leonard Fournette made a nasty move to break free of Devin White – the highlight of the drill. Inside linebackers covered running backs, while outside linebackers (LSU’s F-linebackers) coverage tight ends.
- In and out of gold: WR Malachi Dupre donned a gold non-contact jersey but participated in drills. The same goes for OLB Tashawn Bower. DE Lewis Neal was in gold for a second straight practice. Meanwhile, Ed Paris shed his gold non-contact jersey.
(Winners of Big Cat listed first; defensive players are in purple)
- TE Colin Jeter vs. ?
- DE/OLB Arden Key vs. TE Foster Moreau
- WR D.J. Chark vs. S Xavier Lewis
- WR Jazz Ferguson vs. S Rickey Jefferson
- WR Dee Anderson vs. CB Ed Paris
- CB Saivion Smith vs. WR Tyron Johnson
- LSU Spring – Practice Observations, Day 11: Kendell Beckwith returns, Duke Riley playing some inside linebacker and other news