LSU coach Les Miles, on Wednesdays during game weeks, speaks publicly three different times. Follow his comments here throughout the day.
- Hawkins healthy: Miles said junior left tackle Jerald Hawkins practiced all week and will start against Texas A&M on Saturday after missing LSU’s 38-17 loss to Ole Miss last weekend. Hawkins originally sustained an ankle injury during the Tigers’ 31-14 loss to Arkansas on No.v 14.
- Senior night: LSU will honor 15 seniors on senior night against the Aggies. Miles said he expects there to be a lot of energy Saturday but wants his team focused on winning. “Historically, there’s always been a lot of emotion around a senior night,” Miles said. “What you have to do is leave the tiers alone, regroup and go play.”
- Dural out: Miles confirmed junior WR Travin Dural will not play against Texas A&M on Saturday. He exited the loss to Ole Miss last Saturday with a hamstring injury, and The Daily Reveille reported Dural will undergo surgery to repair it. Miles estimated Dural will need three months to recover but said his team “will fill his position very capably.” The Tigers spread the ball around to several different receivers in his absence against the Rebels.
- Michigan man: Miles was asked what advice he thought former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler, for whom he played in college, would have for him in light of questions about his job security. “I think that Bo would have a very strong opinion,” Miles said. “He’d have the enjoyment of giving it. I would listen and promptly take it.” Miles then lauded current Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh for visiting Schembechler’s grave and smashing a buckeye nut before the Wolverines take on Ohio State in a huge rivalry game this Saturday. “For an ex-Michigan man, a guy that went through their program, I thought that was exactly the tradition that needs to be done,” he said.
- ‘It was hurting to me’: A meeting with former coordinator John Chavis stirs feelings in LSU players
- That’s a first: Les Miles says much-maligned LSU special teams ‘the bright spot’ in loss to Ole Miss
- Tigers receiver Travin Dural to have surgery
- Another star recruit, Jacoby Stevens, decommits from LSU