YOU WILL SEE…
Defenders in different roles
- You’ll notice Saturday that Arden Key will be standing up at the snap in the Buck role, and the same goes for a guy like Tashawn Bower. He moved from DE to F-linebacker.
- Miles is out to prove the Tigers have changed offensively and can, indeed, pass the all. The Tigers have focused on passing all spring. They’ll chuck it around Saturday.
- Guice has received the majority of the starting reps with LSU wary of running Leonard Fournette too much for fear of injury, and that’s not likely to change Saturday.
- The Tigers will likely be without three defensive backs on Saturday, including cornerbacks Kevin Toliver (shoulder) and Donte Jackson (academics) and safety John Battle (shoulder).
Too much of Leonard Fournette
- Fournette received 11 total carries in the Tigers’ final two spring scrimmage. LSU isn’t about to risk injury to its star stallion during a spring game.
- Will Clapp (projected starting LG) and Ethan Pocic (projected starting C) aren’t expected to play in the spring game. Clapp has asports hernia, Miles said, and Pocic is recovering from hip surgery.
- Miles said LSU broke down tape of successful passing offense this off-season and plan to implement some of it, but don’t expect the coach to show his hand in a spring game.
- White twisted his ankle during last week’s practice. Beckwith twisted his knee during the first week of spring and says he’s about 80 percent.
- On the move: Corey Thompson transitioning from safety to outside linebacker in LSU’s new 3-4 defense
- ‘It was just hanging’: LSU WR Travin Dural nearly 100 percent recovered from severe hamstring injury