St. James High and four-star dual-threat quarterback Lowell Narcisse announced Monday that he has decommitted from LSU.
Narcisse told ESPN 104.5 FM's Jordy Cullota and Hunt Palmer that the uncertainty surrounding LSU's coaching staff is on his mind. The Tigers are still searching for a new offensive coordinator since Orgeron was hired.
Narcisse said he's still considering LSU, along with Auburn and Memphis, and he'll make an announcement at the Under Armour All-America Game, which features Class of 2017 prospects, Jan. 1 in Orlando. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.
"I'm going to commit at the Under Armour game, but I will wait to see what everyone has to offer," Narcisse told ESPN 104.5.
Narcisse tweeted about his commitment status change on Monday.
"LSU is a (g)reat school and I have much love and respect for the program, but I feel this is the best decision for myself right now," Narcisse tweeted, also saying he has "thought and (p)rayed long about the situation."
Narcisse becomes the second highly ranked LSU quarterback to do so since Ed Orgeron was named head coach.
Mississippi quarterback Myles Brennan announced at the end of November that he wasn't necessarily pulling his commitment, instead opting to consider other options.
Myles Brennan described the last week as “really hectic,” the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald repo…
In August, Narcisse tore the ACL in his left knee, one season after tearing the ACL in his right knee.
According to 247 Sports, Auburn had an in-home visit with Narcisse on Sunday.
Narcisse was expected to be an early enrollee and arrive at LSU in January.
The hits keep on coming for one of LSU’s heralded commits for the 2017 recruiting class.