- CCA CENLA CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Riverfront Center, Alexandria. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $480 tables. Membership, dinner, live/silent auctions. Call Julie Grunewald (225) 952-9200.
- BASSMASTER NORTHERN OPEN: Douglas Lake, Dandridge, Tenn. First in three-tournament series to qualify winners for 2015 Bassmaster Classic. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway public landing, False River, New Roads. Fee $30/boat. Friday nights through Sept. 15. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. No fee. Beginners casting, rigging, knots. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- 5TH ANNUAL BASS ON THE FLY TOURNAMENT: Lake Fork Marina, Lake Fork, Texas Fee $55, $5 big-bass pot, $5 big bluegill pot. Catch-and-release. Boat, Kayak & Bank fishing. Call Ted Warren (903) 850-7084. Website: www.bassonthefly.org.
- LIVINGSTON PARISH BASSMASTERS HIGH SCHOOL STATE CHAMPIONS FUNDRAISER: 6 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner event. Closed to waters east of the Atchafalaya River and south of U.S. 90. Fee $100 with $25 from each entry helping state high school-champion team with national high school tournament expenses. Call Jim Breaux (225) 772-3026 or John Chaney (225) 413-5142.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5-8 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal. Wednesdays through Aug. 13th. Membership fee $15/angler. Weekly fee $40/boat. Call Todd Rabalais (225) 413-3634. Email: email@example.com.
- B.A.S.S. FEDERATION CENTRAL DIVISIONAL TOURNAMENT: Lake Eufaula, McAlester, Okla. 8 state teams fish to determine top angler from each team to advance to Federation Nationals. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
THURSDAY, JUNE 5
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Louisiana Room, state Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 5-7 — SWOLLFEST FISHING RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle. Inshore, Offshore & Kayak divisions. Benefits MDA & Juvenile Diabetes Association. Website: www.swollfest.com.
- JUNE 6-7 — REDEMPTORIST ATHLETIC/ALUMI ASSOCIATION FISHING RODEO: Port Fourchon. Fee $50 boaters/kayakers, $25 Youth Division (15 and younger). Online registration: www.rhsbr.org/fishingrodeo.
- JUNE 7-8 — LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No basic nor saltwater fishing licenses required for recreational anglers in state waters.
- JUNE 14 — WALKER HIGH POWERLIFTING BIG BASS BASH: 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner event. Closed to waters east of the Atchafalaya River and south of U.S. 90. Fee $100. Call John Chaney (225) 413-5142 or James Roberts (225) 975-1923.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 1. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee/CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 5 — 2014 DEER SCORING EVENT: 6 p.m., Avoyelles Parish Council On Aging, 224 South Preston St., Marksville. Official Boone & Crocket/Pope & Young certified scorers for whitetail bucks. State biologists information on deer & deer hunting. Includes dinner. Call Tammy Lemoine (318) 359-3003.
- JUNE 1-9 — FEDERAL RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: 12:01 a.m. June 1 through 12:01 a.m. July 11. Federal waters, Gulf of Mexico. Limit 2 per day, 16-inch minimum size.
- SPRING INSHORE SHRIMP SEASON: 6 a.m. Monday, June 2, opening day, state inside waters from La./Miss. state line west to South Pass (Miss. River) & waters from Freshwater Bayou Canal west to La./Texas state line. Waters already open in inside waters from South Pass west to Freshwater Bayou Canal, and state “outside” waters (out to three miles) from the Atchafalaya River Ship Channel at Eugene Island west to Freshwater Bayou Canal.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: Open in state waters. Daily limit 2 red snapper measuring 16 or more inches long. Anglers required to have fee-free Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit. Website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov. Federal waters season June 1 through 12:01 a.m. June 10.
RECREATIONAL FISHERIES cLOSURES: Gag grouper through June 30; greater amberjack, June 1-July 31;gray triggerfish, through 2014 in state and federal waters.