- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Lake Dardanelle, Russellville, Ark. Fifth in 8-tournament series to determine 2015 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway public landing, False River, New Roads. Fee $30/boat. Friday nights through Sept. 15. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- 8TH ANNUAL ITALIAN-AMERICAN FISHING RODEO: Breton Sound Marina, Hopedale. Friday night Captain’s Party. Adult Division categories/$40: Redfish, Speckled Trout, Redfish under 27 inches, Flounder, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Bass, White Trout. Children’s Divisions (14-under)/no fee: Speckled Trout, Redfish under 27 inches, Flounder, Black Drum, Sheepshead, Redfish/most spots. Sponsorships available. Benefits Children’s Hospital. Online registration: www.italianamericanfishingrodeo.com.
- SPRING CATCH-N-EAT FLY FISHING TRIP: Louisiana marsh. Sponsored by Red Stick Fly Fishers. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895. Website: www.rsff.org.
- IFA REDFISH TOUR/LOUISIANA: Empire. Fee $75. IFA Championship qualifier, Houma. Website: www.IFAtours.com.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 201: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. On-the-water fly casting, tactics, techniques instruction. Also June 7. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- IFA KAYAK TOUR/LOUISIANA: Empire. IFA Championship qualifier, Houma. Call (478) 836-4266. Website: www.IFAtours.com.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5-8 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal. Membership fee $15/angler. Weekly fee $40/boat. Call Todd Rabalais (225) 413-3634. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MAY 22-25 — KROTZ SPRINGS SPORTMEN’S HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Nall Park, Krotz Springs. No fee. May 24 wild-game cook-off. Benefit St. Anthony’s Catholic Church. Call Holly Ardoin (337) 692-9599. Email: email@example.com.
- MAY 24 — FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- MAY 24 — CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Lakeview Lodge, Lake Concordia, Ferriday. $30 membership fee. $100/team. Fifth in 8-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- MAY 24 — NRA OUTDOOR CONVENTIONAL PISTOL (1800) MATCH: 9 a.m., Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, 1393 La. 943-North, Donaldsonville. NRA Short Course/25 yards, 180 rounds in .22, centerfire & 45 groupings. NRA rules. Fee $10. Open to public. Call Skip Blanchard (504) 427-0050. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MAY 24 — THE CAMP FLY FISHING SCHOOL/ADVANCED: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., The Camp, Breaux Bridge. Fee $135 includes lunch, handouts. Special casting & distance. FFF-certified instructors. Call Keith Richard (337) 344-0908. Website: www.thecampflyfishingschool.com.
- MAY 24 — STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Opening day, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several specie categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Through Sept. 1. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 25 — MEMORIAL WEEKEND BLESSING OF THE BOATS: 2 p.m., Morrison Parkway, False River, New Roads. Call Kenneth St. Romain (225) 718-1319.
- MAY 23-25 — 19TH ANNUAL GRAND ISLE SPECKLED TROUT RODEO: Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. Louisiana State Master Angler-Speckled Trout event. Eight trout places daily. Other categories: Redfish, Redfish under 27 inches, Flounder, Speepshead, Cobia, Mangrove Snapper, Drum & White Trout. Junior Categories in Speckled Trout, Redfish & Hardhead Catfish. Fee $20. Weigh-in hours: 5-7 p.m. May 23-24, Noon-2 p.m. May 25. Call Bridge Side Marina (985) 787-2419 or Bob Sevin (985) 787-2968.
JUNE 5-7 — SWOLLFEST FISHING RODEO: SAND DOLLAR MARINA, GRAND ISLE. INSHORE, OFFSHORE & KAYAK DIVISIONS. BENEFITS MDA & JUVENILE DIABETES ASSOCIATION. WEBSITE: WWW.SWOLLFEST.COM.
- SPRING SQUIRREL SEASON: Through May 25, private lands only. Daily limit 3. Possession limit 6. Closed on wildlife management areas, Kisatchie National Forest, national wildlife refuges and USACE lands.